Works with young people within schools and youth organisations based in disadvantaged areas.
The project was established in 2006 with a team of young people from Bristol’s Inner city.
The project’s aims is to provide young people:
- With a better of understanding of issues that affect them such as drug use, and knife crime.
- With opportunities to use this knowledge and their creativity to raise awareness of these issues, broadening their own understanding, developing skills (e.g. filmmaking, music production, presenting, research) and broadening their experience.
By early 2007 Aardman Animations and the University of the West of England were on board and the first Sharp Shotz Animation Competition was launched in September 2007.
Since then over 500 young people have engaged in the project. We have run:
- The Sharp Shotz Animation Competition 4 times producing 8 excellent short films, with one, The Decision, taking first place at the Watershed Electric December, and then going on to be chosen for a film festival in Croatia. Watch the film. A particular success for us was the City Academy of Bristol and John Cabot Academy both regular winners placing the competition within their Citizenship and Media G.C.S.Es. curriculums
- Sharp Shotz workshops at schools and at Fresh Flix. The workshops focus on issues such as the illegal global drugs trade, drug awareness and knife crime and on animation and film production.
- Sharp Shotz Unsigned our music competition run in partnership with Peter Gabriel’s Real World Studios (link to studio site). The winning artists record their track at Real World and it is then used as the title track in the winning animations. (Listen to the tracks – Link to reverb nation)
- Sharp Shotz Apprenticeship – A 6 month pilot run in partnership with BBC Bristol. The successful candidate spent six months in a variety of departments ranging from news to radio.
- Sharp Shotz Debate – Young people from secondary schools across Bristol’s inner city debated the issue of drugs and knife crime, and provided solutions, which were presented to relevant organizations. The debate was conducted at the City of Bristol Council Chambers.
combat missions. cheap Michael Kors "It’s an extensive graduate level program to get (pilots) up to speed on flying off carriers," Upham said. What I see when I look out from the catwalk over the control tower is a tarmac full of planes, most of them F 18s, the twin tail, twin engine fighters mainly used by the Navy. Upham explained that the Navy doesn’t generally use cheap Michael kors F 16s which have only a single engine because of concerns that if a carrier based plane loses its only engine while out over open water, its pilot may well have to ditch the aircraft, while a plane with two engines is more likely to get back to the base. So, the few F 16s here which all seem to be painted with different shades of camouflage coloring are used as "adversary" planes in combat training exercises since it is considered a bad idea to put identical planes up against each other in Michael Kors outlet exercises. And in general, it’s the instructors who play the role of the enemy. "The instructors cheap Michael Kors have a great cheap replica michael kors job," Upham said. "They get to cheap michael kors handbags be
is now known discount michael kors sale as the Hilton Theatre. This Frank Galati directed and Graciela Danielle choreographed musical ran for 2 years and closed after 834 performances on Jan fake michael kors 16, 2000. It was lavishly produced but was not successful financially. The production, with a budget of $11 million, discount michael kors included fireworks and a working Model T Ford automobile. The reviews of the time state that the production had problems with the script. However, the musical was nominated for 13 Tony Awards, the highest nomination for any production in 1998, including for the Best Musical. It won 4 Tonys: Best Featured Actress Audra McDonald, Original Score Stephen Flaherty (for Music) and Lyn Ahrens (for Lyrics), Book Terrence McNally, and Orchestration William David Brohn. This wonderful musical started its return journey to Broadway by its new production at the John F. Kennedy Centre for the Performing Arts, Washington DC. This production, directed and choreographed by Marcia Milgrom Dodge ran from April 18, 2009 through May 17, 2009. cheap michael kors sale Following these